October 23, 2015

Today is the Day

Hello dear friends!
Are you ready for new adventure ? 
New Creative Gym is up at Mixed Media Place, hosted by me:

"Today is the Day'


This quote is one of my favorites because, even it is simple and short, it shows splendidness like something very important is about to happen and you can complete this quote however you like as well!
I decided to use the photo of the moodboard on my canvas and write with my permanent pen my version for the end of the quote. 
I also got inspired by the colors, shine and glory of the moodboard...

For this project I used a white cardstock, coated with white gesso as a base. To create the background I used a circles stencil by Finnabair with 3D Gloss Gel and gold Mica Powder and Finnabair background stamps with black ink.

After it was all dried, I glued the embellishments: some 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces, a flower, gold thread and Finnabair mechanicals. I glued all these with 3D Gloss Gel.

The next step was to spread some Rust Mica Powder here and there and spray it with water. I dried it with the heat gun and then I glued the paper embellishments: two butterflies (made with rice paper, stamp and black embossing powder) and the photo.

As a final touch I spread several art ingredients with 3D Gloss Gel. I really love the sparkle and texture they create on the project!

***all products by Mixed Media Place store
***chipboard pieces by 2 Crafty
***you can buy this canvas here

>>>

With this project I'm entering the challenge at Paper Maraca 'Gold'...


>>>

I'm looking forward to see your projects for our challenge at Mixed Media Place!
Have a lovely crafty day!

6 comments :

  1. I lost myself to find each detail you put into this wonderful canvas.... I can't stop to look at it... beautiful... I wanna use other words but I can't find something could describe what I think when I look at your work... <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*