July 14, 2015

What if you fly?

 Hello mixed media friends!
Today I'm hosting the Mixed Media Place with a small canvas I created based on a great quote which I absolutely adore.


I fell in love with this beautiful photo I found on Pinterest!
The moment I saw it I knew I had to scrap it!
So. I decided to make a small canvas in vintage style...
I gathered some sprays, silks and embossing powders and started working the background! 


First I used the light paste with a stencil and after that I used an embossing powder with a stamp to create more texture. Then I applied some gesso with a pallet knife and I started playing with the sprays in order to create a beautiful contrasting background.


When I was satisfied with the painting, I glued  all the embellishments and chipboard pieces and repeated the painting process with the same colors, in order to embody them to the background. 

I wanted to do something different with the chipboard flower so as to give a bright look and pop out from the background. I altered it with a stamp and embossing powder and I also used the Creme Brulee Cream LSG spray. I just love how it turned out!


I also glued some glitter on the wings in order to give some extra magical sparkle on them...


As some final touches I used the Solar Gold and Mediterranean silks here and there. These are two of my favorite colors and I really love use them on my projects!
Lastly I spread some Copper Glass Glitter in several spots.

I hope you liked today's project and got some inspiration!
Have a lovely crafty time! 


***supplies from Mixed Media Place store 
***sprays and embossing powders from Lindy's Stamp Gang
***chipboard by 2Crafty


6 comments :

  1. Gorgeous project and so inspiring text!)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Με διαφορά, ειναι οτι καλύτερο εχεις φτιαξει μεχρι σημερα! Αριστούργημα!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project and I love hat saying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Οσες φορες κι αν το ειδα..καθε φορα με μαγνητιζει και καθς φορα ειναι σαν να το βλεπω πρωτη φορα...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing this swwet project! I hope everything was well! I miss you!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*