July 21, 2014

Getting to know ME

Hello friends!
Recently I was invited on a Blog Hop with a difference, by Kay Fatula a very kind and talented lady. Check out her blog and I promise you won't disappointed! She makes not only beautiful layouts and minis, as well as amazing altered projects like boxes and frames.

So, the idea of this blog hop is to share a few things about myself and introduce people who inspire me. 
Now I'm supposed to tell a few things about myself...

What am I working on right now 
At the moment it is a DT work which will be revealed soon. Here is a sneak peak...


...but there is always something else waiting on my desk to deal with, like journals and minis :)

How long does it take to create a project
That actually depends on what am I creating. But I think the real issue is to find the time to sit on my desk as I am not only a crafter, but also a mother of two kids, wife, housewife, cooker, cleaner, working woman (and as many of you know, this list is endless!)...  Nevertheless I always try to relax and spend some time alone on my desk - I think it would probably take 1-3 hours of actual time spread over 2-3 days.

How does my creative process work
I always choose my photo first and then the colors, papers, stamps and masks that best fit to the photo's subject. I love mixed media techniques, so I like blending different kind of mediums and inks to create texture and give dimension to my pages. Firstly, I remove the photo from the working area and start adding gesso, mists and inks on my masks, then I stamp randomly with several stamps on the texture, to create a connection between the different media. After the stamping, the photo is placed back in possition and it is time to choose the embellishments that fits into the theme.

Here are some pages I created following this process...

       


How do I become inspired
Inspiration is a strange and unexpected 'thing' that depends from anything or nothing!
Everything on my page has to do with the photo, so that is my motivational trigger.
And how I choose the photo? Well, besides family photos who are always a pleasure to work with, I love to use on my projects photos I find on the internet and social networks like Pinterest and Flickr.

Here are some pages with non family photos...

      

<<<  >>>

And now is my turn to present to you my top 3 creative ladies - check their blogs out by clicking the images below and I'm sure you will love what you will see...:)


She is not only my best scrappy friend but we are friends in real life! We love hanging out together and make our personal crops, as no one else in this city has a clue what scrapbooking is, lol!
You can visit Helen on her blog to see the amazing art journal pages and layouts she creates!
a handful of handicrafts



We have never met in person, at least not yet, but we live in the same country, Greece, and I consider her as a very good scrappy friend! She has a unique style and her pages are so gorgeous, that I'm sure you will LOVE her work! Here is her blog, please pay her a visit and you won't regret it ;)



Cristina Lampropoulou
She is also a Greek scrapbooker and I recently 'discovered' her blog, or rather she found me first :) She creates so beautiful pages with mixed media techniques and I think you will love her work too!
You can see all her beautiful creations on her blog:


Each of the ladies will post on their blogs next Monday, 28th July, so be sure to check them out!

That was all for today, a little peak into my crafting world and mind...
Thank you for stopping by and have a beautiful week!

4 comments :

  1. Αθανασία μου σ΄ευχαριστω πολύ για τα καλά σου λόγια!!!Με τιμάει απίστευτα που βρίσκομαι στην αγαπημένη σου τριάδα!!!Το εκτιμώ πολύ!!!Και σε ευχαριστώ και πάλι!!! Πολλά φιλιά!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Αχ τι ωραία συνάντηση της παρέας έχουμε εδώ!!!! Θαύμα!!! Ευχαριστω πολύ πολύ, ετοιμάζω και γω τη δική μου ανάρτηση σιγά σιγά !!! Φιλιά και απο μένα!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was wonderful getting to know you a little bit better. I love your style & your use of mixed media! Looking forward to seeing more of your work in your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*